Answers: What do I need to live permanently in the United States?

For a non-citizen who wishes to live in the United States on a permanent basis, a U.S. green card is usually required. This allows permanent U.S. residence, though it is not irrevocable. An immigration attorney can provide more information on whether you might be eligible to live in the United States.