A stock option is a contract issued by an employer to an employee to purchase a set amount of shares of company stock at a fixed price for a limited period of time. There are two broad classifications of stock options issued: non-qualified stock options (NQO) and incentive stock options (ISO). Rules for determining basis in employee stock options are discussed in this lecture video.
* Identification of the different types of employee stock options
* Qualifying and disqualifying dispositions of employee stock options and ESPPs
* Calculating basis in stock acquired through employee stock purchase plans
* Compensation rules relating to ESPPs and NQOs
* Restricted stock, including RSUs and RSAs
* Benefits and procedures for making a Section 83(b) election
You can purchase the manual for this course for $0.99 at http://pnwtaxschool.com/oc-catalog/all/section-1083?keywords=basis
Pacific Northwest Tax School is approved by the following organizations as a provider of continuing education:
* The IRS
* NASBA QAS (NASBA Sponsor #109290),
* Oregon Tax Board,
* The Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (Texas Sponsor #009794)
* The New York State Board for Public Accountancy (Sponsor License #002479)
You can receive 3 hours of CE by enrolling in this course at http://pnwtaxschool.com/oc-catalog/all/section-969?keywords=basis. The cost of the course is $50.
Pacific Northwest Tax School’s course materials and teaching techniques are valuable proprietary information of Pacific Northwest Tax School, and all such information is subject to copyright, including written, recorded, internet based as well as all other electronic media. Each Student agrees that she/he will use the information only for purposes of education and training; and as a condition of enrollment, that they will not disseminate the information to any third party and will treat the materials as confidential information of Pacific Northwest Tax School. As a condition of enrollment, Students pledge not use any information in any competitive fashion, including to create or derive competitive materials. Students further agree that any breach of these terms and conditions shall cause the school irreparable harm, entitling Pacific Northwest Tax School to injunctive relief, as well as any other remedy that may be available at law or equity. Students shall have twelve months from date of enrollment in any continuing education course, to successfully complete the course and receive their Certificate of Completion.